Gain the skills and knowledge to provide treatment to your casualties in a prompt, safe and effective manner.
To understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider, including:
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
The qualification is assessed through practical demonstration and oral questioning. Scenarios will be set to enable a learner to demonstrate their knowledge and practical skills. During the practical assessment, the learner will be asked supporting questions by the Trainer/Assessor. The practical assessment is ongoing throughout the course but the Trainer/Assessor will make learners aware of when they are being assessed.
Please note you will need to bring photo ID to the course, At the moment we still require you to wear masks at present. You must be able to complete and pass all practical’s on the floor or only a certificate of attendance can be given and not the qualification. Please be aware of this if you have injuries or ability limitations i.e. bad knees that inhibits keeling or bad wrists that inhibits life saving compressions etc.