Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a two-day intensive, interactive and practical training course which provides participants with information, tools and techniques to support individuals who might be experiencing mental or emotional distress. It is an evidence-based intervention that can be delivered in a wide variety of settings. The training will include how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem and deal with a crisis situation or help prevent someone hurting themselves or others.
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Help reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Every delegate will be issued with a full workbook and manual as part of the course. Upon course completion, each delegate will receive full accreditation as a Mental Health First Aider from Mental Health First Aid England.
This is a 2 day course running on 11th & 12th July and you must attend both days.
The cost of this course is usually £288pp
This course is subsidised by Teignbridge CVS However there is a £10 Non Refundable admin fee to be paid when booking.