Are you a Kinship Carer?
A kinship carer is someone who is raising a relative’s or friend’s child.
KINSHIP offer kinship families free support and advice.
They are also developing a new peer support service across England and online.
The service will include:
- 100 new kinship peer support groups developed across England which will be in-person and online
- A dedicated website and e-learning resources
- Online information workshops designed for kinship families
- Online chat with trained kinship carer volunteers
Join their community of kinship carers.
- Keep up to date on news and stories about kinship care with our e-newsletter. Find out more about their campaigning for a fairer deal for kinship families, new services and much more
- Their website – kinship.org.uk – is packed full of information and advice whatever your kinship status.
- Their Advice Service can help you work out what benefits you should be getting and how to access them. They can also help with questions about housing or employment and other financial support options.
- Someone Like Me – their peer telephone support service. Trained kinship carer volunteers can offer you a listening ear, providing much needed emotional support. Get matched with a volunteer.
Find our more: