ASIST is intended as “suicide first aid” training. It is an evidence-based intervention that can be delivered in a wide range of settings.
• PLEASE NOTE: This course does include role-play activities so may be distressing for delegates:
This 2 day training will include how to:
identify people who have thoughts of suicide,
- understand how beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions,
- understand a person at risk’s story about suicide as well as recognise turning points that connect a person to life,
- conduct a safety assessment and develop a plan that will keep the person at risk safe-for-now,
- practice as a registered ASIST caregiver
Course to run 14th June 9am-5pm & 15th June 9am-5pm – You must attend both sessions.
The cost of this course is usually £145pp
This course is subsidised by Teignbridge CVS , However there is a £10 Non Refundable admin fee to be paid when booking.