THE WELLBEING PARTNERSHIP
Enhancing lives in South Devon
The Wellbeing Partnership brings together five key providers of voluntary sector health and social care working across Southern Devon:
Members of the Partnership offer broad and relevant experience, capacity and capability; partners have been providing services for up to 31 years (99 years collectively), support 577 trained volunteers to delivery community services and activities and have an existing client base of 5,788 people.
What our Partnership brings to the communities of Southern Devon
Our core outcomes for both the people and providers in Southern Devon are:
• Improved Health and Wellbeing
• Improved experience of Care and Support
• Reduced cost of care and support
We also evidence additional outcomes:
• Trusted, connected person-centred relationships with health and wellbeing at the heart
• Long-term support embedded in local communities where local people support each other
• Increased number of people active in volunteering in local communities
• Whole system change that recognises the role and benefits of the voluntary sector
Accreditation and Awards
Accreditation and Awards held by members include:
- The Queens Award for Voluntary Service
- Blue Shield Award
- IIP Gold Standard
- Torbay and South Devon Quality Mark
- Impact Hub South West Award
Plus, partners have experience and expertise in engaging in the delivery of new health and social care initiatives including IPC, PACTeam, and Frailty delivery.
The Wellbeing Partnership delivers two programmes under contract to Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust:
• Home from Hospital – supporting patients on discharge to remain safely at home
• Wellbeing Programme - a strengths-based approach enabling people to manage their social, emotional, physical and practical needs and thereby improving their health and wellbeing.
Why might you work with The Wellbeing Partnership
Bringing together the 5 key voluntary sector providers of health and social care in Southern Devon, the Wellbeing Partnership has unique benefits:
- Provision of voluntary sector intervention at all existing MDT, virtual wards, gold standard meetings (palliative), family carers intervention meetings resulting in existing relationships with statutory providers including hospital and community matrons, GPs, OTs, Health Visitors, Social Care Workers, CMHTs
- Locally based and locally managed, Partnership members are able to draw on their local intelligence and encourage local solutions where gaps are identified
- Well-formed relationships with the local independent sector enabling safe signposting to the independent sector including traditional care providers but also local tradesmen, local independent activity providers and individuals within the community able to offer support
- People using the Wellbeing Partnership are able to access services and support long after initial intervention where needed; where there is a ‘dip’ in health and wellbeing, people can reactivate support for short or long term periods from a trusted provider.
- The Wellbeing Partnership is ‘ready to go’; there is a strong, skilled staff and volunteer base in place for whom this way of working is not new
- The Partnership delivers a range of services as a part of its core services; these include neighbourhood friend/befriending services, social activities, nutrition/lunch clubs, exercise sessions, dementia services, carer support and benefits and income generation advice and support.
- Experience in working with statutory providers in the delivery of pilots – including Frailty Services, IPC, PACT, T&SDNHSFT Education of Family Carers
Where do we work?
The footprint of the Wellbeing Partnership maps onto that of the Foundation Trust in Southern Devon and are linked into locality Multi-Disciplinary Teams and local Health and Wellbeing networks
The Partnership is supported and administered by Teignbridge Community and Voluntary Services (CVS)
To find out how we can support your work, please contact:
Telephone: 01626 326120