VOYC are able to offer the following training sessions for groups working with children and young people:
Get to Grips with Social Media – delivered online
Monday 20 September 2021 (9.30 am – 1 pm)
This course is limited to 8 candidates only.
This course is for Individuals and organisations who are already using social media to promote their enterprise but haven’t yet got to grips with how to use it effectively.
What will be covered in this course?
- Why use social media?
- How to tell a good story.
- Source and create great content.
- Managing social media – plan, monitor and engage.
Child Protection Training – Group 2 (Awareness) – delivered online
Wednesday 29 September 2021 (1 – 4.30pm) Cost : £25 members / £30 non-members
This course, which is approved by the Devon Children & Families Partnership, is crucial to anyone working with children and young people in the voluntary sector – paid or unpaid.
At the end of this session you will have:-
- a better understanding of the legislative frameworks and guidance in safeguarding children and young people
- a greater awareness of the types of abuse and neglect which children and young people may experience and its impact and how to recognise the signs and indicators.
- a clear understanding of what to do if someone has concerns about a child in Devon or a child makes a disclosure and the processes involved.
- an improved knowledge about the roles and responsibilities of individuals, organisations and Devon Children and Families Partnership, including identifying, reporting, recording, sharing information.
Child Protection Training – Group 5 (Designated Safeguarding Officer) – delivered online.
Friday 8 October 2021 (9.30 am – 4.30pm) Cost : £75 members / £90 non-members
The course programme has been approved by the Devon Children and Families Partnership as a part of the range of training courses, events and online learning that help protect children and young people in Devon.
The Course Programme includes:-
- What is Abuse?
- Values and Attitudes – making judgements.
- Interactive Risk Factors.
- Dealing with Disclosures / Making Enquiries and Referrals.
- Safe Recruitment, Induction and Supervision.
- Organisational Processes and Procedures.
- Avoiding Accidents – Risk Assessment and Safe Practice.
- Recording and Storing Information.
- Working with Others, Information Sharing, Devon Threshold Tool and Early Help.
Safer Recruitment – delivered online
Tuesday 12 October 2021 (9.30 am – 12.30 pm) Cost : £20 members / £30 non-members
This approved Devon Children and Families Partnership awareness raising training has been specifically designed for organisations working in the voluntary and community sector and also private sector, and will cover important issues such as:
- Who needs DBS Checks?
- Effective Staff Induction, Supervision and Appraisal
- Legislation and Policy
- Reporting Concerns
- Best Practice