Working in partnership with communities in Devon we have developed a vaccination outreach programme which aims to support uptake of the vaccine amongst our most vulnerable communities. Insight, engagement and involvement underpins our outreach model.
A grant has been made available for voluntary and community organisations to run innovative engagement activities to support uptake of the Covid-19 vaccination Activities be designed to support groups where uptake of the vaccine has been lower than in others, these include:
- Ethnic minority communities
- People who are experiencing homelessness
- Migrant workers
- Illegal immigrants and refugees
- The Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities
- People with learning disabilities, neurodiversity and mental illness
- The LGBTQ+ community
- Younger people
Example initiatives might be drop-in events, consultation, workshops, communication support materials ( e.g. videos), employee time, etc.
What is the funding for?
- Engagement activities with specific groups and communities where the uptake of covid vaccination is lower to understand what the barriers are , how we can work with people to address them and how we can increase the vaccination uptake.
- To improve vaccine knowledge, coverage and COVID safety amongst specific Devon communities for example by running a number of covid 19 vaccine workshops.
Can you help us increase the vaccine uptake amongst vulnerable communities?
More information and how to apply: www.icsdevon.co.uk/priorities/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-19-vaccination-outreach-fund/
If you have any questions please contact Aggie Szpinda on Agnieszka.email@example.com