Teignbridge District Council have announced the launch of their Emergency financial help available for those in need
Today sees the launch of a £167,000 local hardship fund to support Teignbridge residents who cannot afford to pay for basic essentials due to the pandemic.
The Teignbridge COVID-19 Hardship Fund, in association with Devon County Council, will provide up to £200 to help with basic necessities such as food, household essentials, essential travel costs, utility payments etc.
Am I able to claim?
You will be eligible for a hardship fund grant if due to coronavirus:
- You run your own business, and cannot currently trade / your business has been drastically reduced because of the pandemic
- Your employment situation has changed and your income now no longer covers your needs
- You have lost your job due to the COVID-19 outbreak
- You have still not received expected government funding (ie self-employed)
- You can demonstrate that you do not have accessible capital in excess of £500
- You have not received financial assistance from another source for the same reason.
From today you can apply online via our website or telephone the Coronavirus telephone hotline on 01626 215512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm (excluding Bank Holidays).