We provide learning opportunities for those working in the not-for-profit sector: to build their skills and knowledge; to develop their organisations and services; and to network with those providing similar services or working in the same geographical area.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Due to the current coronavirus pandemic situation, all face-to face training is currently suspended. We are working on alternative ways to deliver training during this time; We are currently offering Online learning sessions via Zoom.
Forums and Networks
These bring together those delivering services or working in similar areas to participate in sharing experience, learn from each other as well as benefit from specific and relevant training opportunities, meet with public and statutory sector stakeholders and also ensure your organisation is up to date with national and local government policy change and consultations that affect your service.
Our Forums and Networks help your organisation to be adaptable and to have a voice. They create the possibility to form coalitions and partnerships for more effective achievement of your goals.
Training and Events
We offer affordable, high quality training across a range of subjects, supporting your organisation to be safe, appropriately skilled and compliant. As a training centre we offer both NOCN accredited courses and non-accredited courses with internal certification provided. Course are usually either full days, half days or a two hour bite-size.
Online Training offers :
- National Lottery Community Fund information session (FREE) - Thursday 14 January 10.00 – 12.00pm
- Jamboard Plus – online session tools - Monday 25 January 2.00 – 3.00pm
- Community mapping - aDoddle (FREE) - Wednesday 27 January 10.00 – 11.00am
- Three Horizons - Exploration Session - Thursday 18 February 10.00 – 12.00pm
- Refresher Training – Working Face to Face - Tuesday 9 March 10.00 – 12.00pm
- Funding - Ten Top Tips - Tuesday 30 March 10.00 – 12.00pm
To book a place on any of the above sessions use the following link:
https://tcvs.eventbrite.co.uk (nb bookings end 48 hours before the session)
- South Devon Food Alliance -Tuesday 16 February 10.30 – 12.00pm ( Anja)
- Mental Health Forum – Thursday 21st January 10.30 – 12.00pm (Elaine)
- Reducing Isolation Forum – Thursday 4th February 10.30-12.00pm ( Elaine)
- Families Forum – Thursday 25th February 10.30 – 12.00pm ( Elaine)
- Wellbeing Workshop for VCS staff and volunteers - Wednesday 3 March 10.00 – 12.00pm (Elaine)
- Departure Lounge – Talking about Death and Dying - Wednesday 17 March 10.30 – 12.00pm (Anja)
Please book a space via your CVS locality coordinator (see below)
Newton Abbot and area Locality
|Coastal Locality||Anja Kroening-Maynardemail@example.com|
|Moorland and Moretonhampstead Localities||Katie Chaplinfirstname.lastname@example.org|