The Government has produced Guidance to help with running your charity during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Understandably, charities are concerned about what to do during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, so they have set out our response to the most commonly asked questions.
They assure charities that their approach to regulation during this uncertain period will be as flexible and pragmatic as possible in the public interest, whilst helping trustees to be aware of and think about the wider or longer impact of their decisions on their charity.
- Charity objects: understand if you can help with coronavirus efforts
- Government financial support for charities
- Using reserves and restricted funds
- Further advice on managing financial difficulties
- AGMs and other meetings: postponing or cancelling meetings
- Holding meetings online or by telephone
- Reporting serious incidents to the Charity Commission
- Keeping people safe
- Working with a company or business to help with coronavirus
- Charity statement of recommended practice (SORP) guidance
- Information from other organisations