Devon County Council have 2 grants programmes under their Covid-19 Prompt Action Fund – for up to £5,000 for VCSE groups and their smaller grants programme.
Under the COVID-19 Action Fund, DCC will rapidly provide small amounts of grant funding to community-led schemes, which identify and/or achieve the small but important things that can safely address some of the issues that are arising because of this Coronavirus outbreak.
These can include:
- safe deliveries of essential goods and services to those who are vulnerable, such as foods and medicines
- support for accessing online information and services
- virtual support groups to help people to stay connected and informed and to maintain and support mental health and wellbeing
- transport-related initiatives that support safe community responses to the outbreak
Who can apply?
Applications are accepted from constituted and not-for-private-profit voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector groups and organisations, town and parish councils, charities or businesses, or a combination of such groups working together.
Link to details of this fund, and the smaller grants programme here
Devon Community Foundation (DCF) has set-up this Fund to raise fund for small charities or community organisations based in Devon. Grants are available to those groups supporting vulnerable people affected by the coronavirus outbreak.
The Fund will currently support:
- Groups that support the ongoing needs of vulnerable people to ensure their health and wellbeing is maintained
- Groups and activities that support vulnerable people self-isolating (the elderly, people with pre-existing conditions, etc)
- Support for foodbanks and organisations working to combat hardship cause by the pandemic including child hunger
- Community response co-ordination
- Volunteer costs for new and existing organisations responding to the effect of the pandemic
- Additional costs of working remotely and adapting services delivered in the wider community
- Additional support as required for emotional support, mental health and bereavement support.