VOYC Devon – Child Protection Training – Group 2 (Safeguarding Awareness) – Ashburton
This Group 2 Awareness course is crucial to anyone working with children and young people in the voluntary sector – paid or unpaid.
Wednesday 28 November 2018 @ Ashburton (4.15 pm – 7.15 pm)
Prices held for another year!! ONLY £25 per candidate for VOYC member organisations and £30 per candidate for non-members. Learn about the FREE VOYC Membership.
‘Awareness in Safeguarding’ is to increase awareness and confidence building in respect of identification, responding, recording and reporting processes involved in child protection. It will also raise awareness of legislation, attitudes & values and blocks & challenges in safeguarding.
Target group: Those who work regularly, or have a period of intense but regular contact with children and young people or with staff who may be in a position to identify concerns and who may be expected to contribute to the assessment of the child’s developmental needs or the adult’s parenting capacity.
At the end of this session you will have:-
• a better understanding of the legislative frameworks and guidance in safeguarding children and young people
• greater awareness of the types of abuse and neglect which children and young people may experience and its impact and how to recognise the signs and indicators.
• a clear understanding of what to do if someone has concerns about a child in Devon or a child makes a disclosure and the processes involved.
• an improved knowledge about the roles and responsibilities of individuals, organisations and Devon Children and Families Partnership, including identifying, reporting, recording, sharing information.
There are many benefits from attending one of our structured face-to-face training sessions, namely:-
• The opportunity to develop your skills with one or more of our expert child protection trainers.
• A shared learning environment in which you can learn from others and interact through group work / discussion.
• Immediate help, support and clarification with your learning.
• A safe environment, away from your workplace, where participants can ask questions in confidence.
• Consistently high quality courses (feedback score 98% for quality and overall training).
• A point of contact should you wish to ask any questions about safeguarding after the event.