NOCN Level 2 Award: Managing Volunteers
Starts 9th November 2017
5 weekly sessions on Thursdays 09:15 – 13.15
Teignbridge CVS is an accredited NOCN Training Centre, and we are delighted to again be offering the popular NOCN Level 2 Managing Volunteers training course.
The course consists of 5 weekly Tuesday sessions of 4 hours each, from 9th November to 7th December 2017. It is designed for anyone managing or coordinating volunteers within their role. The course will include the following units:
- Getting ready to involve volunteers
- Recruiting Volunteers
- Selection and Induction of Volunteers
- Supervising and Supporting Volunteers
- Retaining and Leading a Team of Volunteers
Comments from previous learners:
- “Very interesting and informative course with friendly, knowledgeable and efficient trainers. Good networking opportunity too.”
- “Helped me to feel a lot more confident in handling the role of volunteer coordinator. I would strongly recommend any person working with volunteers to take this course.”
- “I now feel I have the knowledge to recruit, supervise and support volunteers safely and effectively. A great course and very well led.”
“The centre has developed a very thorough programme for learners (which) is well designed to prepare those who are currently managing volunteers or plan to do so effectively. The planning behind the course has ensured that learners explore all areas required to do this well. The assessment feedback is thorough and developmental”
This course is accredited by NOCN, and on successful completion you will receive an NOCN Level 2 Award in Skills for Employment, Training & Personal Development.
This course is open to all. We have sourced external funding to subsidise learners from Voluntary and Community Groups and Social Enterprises (VCSE). For these groups there are 2 levels of subsidies:
- For small VCS organisations with income under £100,000 the cost is £95.
- For larger VCS organisations with income of £100,000 or over the cost for this course is £155.
For all others the course cost is £300.