Administrator at Buckland & Milber Community Centre
- £5,000, 10 hours a week (2 1/2 hours per day over 4 days)
- Based at Buckland & Milber Community Centre, Gilbert Road, Newton Abbot. Employed by Newton Abbot Community Interest Company.
- Required for immediate start.
This is a new role to provide administrative support for Buckland & Milber Community Centre. The postholder will deal with bookings and payments and take responsibility for the overall administration and book-keeping of the Centre. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent IT and communication skills, and an ability to problem-solve and work under their own initiative.
The post is offered on a fixed term contract until 31/03/20 (with extension possible subject to funding).
Due to the nature of the role the postholder will be required to work 2 1/2 hours per day over four weekdays within the Community Centre office. The hours will need to be during the day. School holiday hours will also be required.
For more information or to request an application form please email email@example.com or visit our website at www.newtonabbotcic.org.uk. To find out more about the role please contact Emily Farrell on 01626 206690.
Closing date 5.00pm on Friday 25th May 2018. Interviews for this post will take place in June 2018.
Job Vacancy - Refurnish
Invitation to Bid Writer - The Wellbeing Partnership
The Wellbeing Partnership in Southern Devon wishes to appoint a bid writer to support them in driving forward the vision of both the individual partners and the Partnership by identifying and securing bids and tenders that will seek to sustain existing services and develop new services to meet identified need across Southern Devon.
The Wellbeing Partnership, in place since 2015, brings together the 5 key providers of voluntary sector health and social care providers working across the CCG footprint of Southern Devon.
Members of the Partnership offer broad and relevant experience, capacity and capability; partners have been providing services for up to 31 years, support 577 trained volunteers to delivery community services and activities and have an existing client base of 5,788 people.
- Moorland Community Care Group
- Dartmouth Caring
- Kingscare League of Friends
- Volunteering in Health
- Totnes Caring
The Partnership is supported and administered by Teignbridge Community and Voluntary Services.
The Partnership has an excellent relationship with Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust and South Devon and Torbay CCG and is contracted to deliver two programmes of work:
- Home from Hospital Support
- Wellbeing Co-ordination
Our Fundraising Needs
We are looking to work with an experienced freelance bid writer that has a track record in securing Trust and Foundation funding to:
- Identify opportunities for raising funds through applications to trusts, foundations and other funding bodies
- Prepare and write applications to trusts, foundations and other funding bodies in line with priorities of The Wellbeing Partnership
- Design, write, edit and check supporting documents ensuring any information provided is accurate and in line with bid / tender requirements.
The Bid Writer will need to demonstrate the following:
- Proven track record in setting a trust and foundation fundraising plan, with ambitious financial targets and working through both advertised/open rounds from trust funders
- Proven track record in researching, identifying, applying for and securing funding from trusts & foundations and other relevant funders
- Proven track record in developing and preparing high quality funding bids with a strong emphasis on efficiency (success to bid ratio).
- Proven track record of working with organisations and partnerships that are growing quickly
- A strong understanding of the trends and key factors affecting income generation from the Trust and Foundation sector
We have no particular timescales for drawing down funding recognising that funders have their own timescales but we hope to be able to start working with the Bid Writer from June 2018.
- w/c 26th March 2018 – issue and advertise tender
- 26th April 2018 – Deadline for receipt of applications
- w/c 30th April 2018 - Review of Applications and Appointment Process
- June 2018 – appointment and first meeting with Bid Writer
Please send the following by 26th April 2018:
- A CV of individual(s) that will be working on the brief
- A short note of how you meet the requirements above and listed under ‘our fundraising needs.’
- A short note (of no more than 250 words) on what you see as the greatest challenges facing the Partnership in securing funding and your initial thoughts on how those will be overcome.
- An indication of past and current clients and income generated (where possible to disclose)
- Indication of Standard Charges
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org